10 Movies For When You’re Feeling Blue
Not every day is all rainbows and butterflies, especially when the weather is a bummer. When this happens, we turn to our favorite actors and actresses to cheer us up. Add to the movie experience by including your favorite movie theater snacks, homemade style: sweet and salty popcorn, nachos, make your own sorbet, and of course, chocolate anything. Don’t forget something to sip! Try: this midnight margarita with a lime in a coconut, rosé all day, or a yummy champagne cocktail.
Choose from this list of 10 movies to turn your frown upside down:
1. Choose your absolute favorite movie. No matter what it is, this will bring a smile to your face. My go-to movie is Armageddon. Sad tears, happy tears, Ben Affleck, and Bear. It’s my version of perfect. Don’t judge me.
2. School of Rock. Jack Black is awesome and his class becomes awesome when they learn how to melt faces.
3. Literally any Disney movie. Recommendation: Emperor’s New Groove. It’s hilarious. If Disney movies aren’t your thing, reconsider.
4. Legally Blonde. Elle Woods is a badass, she wears pink, and she doesn’t suffer fools. Pair with this namesake cocktail. Runner up: Sweet Home Alabama. Different theme, still Reese Witherspoon, and still feel-good.
5. Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby. Because Will Farrell and John C. Reilly.
6. The Princess Bride. Before Claire Underwood there was Buttercup. Buttercup and Westley braved fire swamps, being mostly dead, and survived a gross fiancé to find true love. Spoiler: This is a kissing book.
7. We’re the Millers. You’ll have No Ragrets if you watch this, we promise.
8. Meet the Parents, Meet the Fockers, Little Fockers. Make a day of it, there’s nothing like binge watching a Greg Focker/Jack Byrnes movie marathon.
9. Practical Magic. This movie has it all: love lost, love found, creepy dead guy, witches, and margaritas! This is where that midnight margarita comes into play.
10. Zoolander. A movie full of really, really ridiculously good looking people. What more do you need?
This by no means is a comprehensive list of feel-good, cheer-you-up movies, but it’s a good start! So grab a bunch of pillows, the softest blanket you have, dim the lights, and choose any one of these films to brighten your day.
Armageddon image via
School of Rock image via
Emperor’s New Groove image via
Legally Blonde image via
Talladega Nights image via
The Princess Bride image via
We’re the Millers image via
Meet the Parents image via
Practical Magic image via
Zoolander image via