8 Ways To Unwind After A Long Day
Not all days are created equal. Some are sunshine and butterflies and some are, well, not. Whether it’s one big thing or a bunch of little things that build up over time, it never feels good to get off your groove. If you find yourself at the end of a rather bummer day, try out a few of the following ways to unwind.
– Watch the sunset. There’s nothing like a beautiful sunset to relax you and allow your thoughts to unravel. Bask in the last rays of sunshine before night falls and bring some perspective to your day. Tomorrow is a fresh beginning!
– Drink a cup of tea. What’s your tea type? Do you like black tea, green, white, oolong, matcha? Are you looking to trying something new? Sips by is a $15/month tea subscription that sends you a personalized tea selection based on things like your favorite flavors, desired caffeine level, and how you prepare your water. Each month you get 4 samples that make 15 cups of tea (or 45 if you’re into re-steeping!). Unique, delicious, and relaxing (or energizing if you like your tea with a caffeine kick!).
– Hug your family. Cuddles are scientifically proven to reduce stress. Okay, I don’t have a source for this, but let’s chalk it up to experience. One good hug can instantly melt away the day’s worries, so take a few minutes and get a snuggle sesh in with your favorite people.
– Read a book. There’s nothing quite like losing yourself in the pages of an old book or your Kindle. So, unplug and unwind with a new (or longtime fav) book and let your troubles melt away. (Not a book reader, try our list of “10 Movies For When You’re Feeling Blue.”)
– Dance party! Put on some fun music and dance away the stress. Sing at the top of your lungs and boogie your way to happy thoughts.
– Wine time. Cab, pinot (grigio or noir), or rosé all day. I’ll cheers to that! There’s nothing like popping a bottle of your favorite vintage at the end of a stressful day. So break out your wine charms, invite your favorite person to vent to, and don’t forget the pairings!
– Workout. Do you belong to a gym, run after work, or subscribe to an exercise streaming site? Sweating it out is a great way to unwind after a long day. Nothing like a good kickboxing class to reduce some stress!
– Spa night. Complete with a bubble bath, facial, and DIY manicure. Pop a bath bomb (or Epsom salt with a few drops of lavender essential oil) in the tub and while the water is filling up, apply a detoxing face mask. When your fingers are all pruned, the mask has dried, towel off with your fluffiest towel and apply your most luxurious lotion. To finish up the evening, pick out your favorite nail color and give yourself a mani. Nothing like silky smooth skin and freshly painted nails to feel refreshed and rejuvenated.
However you choose to unwind, remember there are people in this world who love you to pieces and tomorrow is another day to knock it out of the park!
- TODAY SHOW: REDBOOK MAGAZINE’S REAL WOMEN STYLE AWARDS
- TODAY SHOW: LUXE FOR LESS – MIXING PRINTS
- TODAY SHOW: LUXE FOR LESS – JUMPSUITS
- TODAY SHOW: FLYING WITH THE US AIR FORCE THUNDERBIRDS
- TODAY SHOW: LUXE FOR LESS – POP OF COLOR
- TODAY SHOW: LUXE FOR LESS – WATER FUN
- TODAY SHOW: COLOURPOP
- TODAY SHOW: LUXE FOR LESS – SHADES OF YELLOW