Spring Cleaning: Closet Organization Tips
As winter is slowly coming to an end and spring is just around the corner, I thought it would be fun to give some tips on cleaning out your closet! When you love fashion and clothing as much as I do, it’s very easy to become a clothing hoarder. Since fast fashion is so prominent and stores like Zara and H&M are everywhere, we tend to buy so much, since it’s so cheap! But then, what do you do with this huge collection of unnecessary clothing that you may never wear again?
If you’re having trouble deciding what to part with and what to keep on the hangers, here are a few of my tips from my spring cleaning routine:
1. Go through your winter wardrobe first. If you stumble upon a piece that you know you did not wear because you don’t like how it fits, or you hate the side detail, get rid of it. If something bothers you about it now, chances are you will still feel like that next winter!
2. If you come across something you love, but never got the chance to wear, keep it! Sometimes we find those pieces that are just so special you have to save it for the right moment. That’s okay, don’t get rid of it.
3. Move onto spring and summer clothing. Start with spring the same way you did winter. If you did not wear it last season, chances are you won’t again this season—get rid of it.
4. If you come across a shirt or a blouse from a few seasons ago that is clearly worn out and probably stained, get rid of it. I know it can be hard to get rid of old favorites, but you know just as well as I do if it’s too old, it needs to go.
5. Try things on—just because you like how something fit you last year, doesn’t mean you’ll still feel the same way! Go through your favorite pieces and the ones you wear the most, and make sure they still fit.
After you’ve gone through and composed a pile of no’s, dispose of them in an environmentally friendly way. Bring them to your local thrift store, or a store like H&M that recycles clothing! If you really did a good job and feel good about the cleaning, reward yourself with a new spring item—you deserve it!
- TODAY SHOW: REDBOOK MAGAZINE’S REAL WOMEN STYLE AWARDS
- TODAY SHOW: LUXE FOR LESS – MIXING PRINTS
- TODAY SHOW: LUXE FOR LESS – JUMPSUITS
- TODAY SHOW: FLYING WITH THE US AIR FORCE THUNDERBIRDS
- TODAY SHOW: LUXE FOR LESS – POP OF COLOR
- TODAY SHOW: LUXE FOR LESS – WATER FUN
- TODAY SHOW: COLOURPOP
- TODAY SHOW: LUXE FOR LESS – SHADES OF YELLOW