Fall Favorite: Burberry Liquid Lip Velvet
Fall is right around the corner and matte lips, like pumpkins and plaid, are an autumn staple. It’s just about time to switch out the bright pinks and shiny glosses of summer in favor of warmer, more comforting colors. Burberry Liquid Lip Velvet gives us matte lip color with rich pigment, creamy texture, and a velvety finish in berry, red, and neutral shades.
I totally get why they call it velvet, because that’s what your lips feel like when you swipe on one of the fourteen flattering shades. This new liquid lip color looks and feels more like a vivid stain than a lipstick; it goes on super smooth and hugs your lips with its cushion-soft application. The formula is non-drying, lasts up to 8 hours, and has a light, whipped texture. This moisturizing lip velvet delivers beautiful color that doesn’t crack or fade throughout the day and makes your lips feel absolutely luxurious.
Not sure which shade to choose? For a bold lip, we’re loving Bright Plum No. 49, Oxblood No. 53, and their iconic Military Red. If you’re looking for something more understated, try Fawn No. 05 or Dark Rosewood No. 17. For more inspiration, check out the Pro Tip below for a unique way to combine a few of your favorites!
Let Burberry ease you into the cooler months of autumn with a brand new look! Liquid Lip Velvet is the perfect statement-making lip color for pumpkin picking, apple cider-drinking, football watching, and just about any other fun fall activity you can think of!
Pro Tip: Ombré Lips
– Line the shape first using your usual lip pencil and then apply a similar shade of Liquid Lip Velvet all over the lips.
– Take a slightly lighter shade and apply it to just the centre of the lips.
– To finish, use a brush and blend it out towards the edges of the lips for a subtle ombré effect.
Wendy Rowe, Burberry Make-up Artistic Consultant
** It was a really great day when I received these complimentary shades of Burberry Liquid Lip Velvet to test. I had no idea how much I would love this lip color. I was complimented the very first time I tried it out and totally loved rocking the bold hues, especially Oxblood No. 53! **
- TODAY SHOW: REDBOOK MAGAZINE’S REAL WOMEN STYLE AWARDS
- TODAY SHOW: LUXE FOR LESS – MIXING PRINTS
- TODAY SHOW: LUXE FOR LESS – JUMPSUITS
- TODAY SHOW: FLYING WITH THE US AIR FORCE THUNDERBIRDS
- TODAY SHOW: LUXE FOR LESS – POP OF COLOR
- TODAY SHOW: LUXE FOR LESS – WATER FUN
- TODAY SHOW: COLOURPOP
- TODAY SHOW: LUXE FOR LESS – SHADES OF YELLOW