The Young Girl’s Guide to Shopping Your Mom’s QVC
The way some children grow up listening to Baby Einstein tapes of Mozart is the way that I grew up listening to QVC. Maybe it’s just a Mid-western thing, but nothing makes my Mom light up like the words “Today’s Special Value.” There has been a steady stream of QVC packages being smuggled into the house via UPS for as long as I can remember. Yet, despite all that I make fun of “The Q” and how many elastic waist pants it sells, an old dog has been taught new tricks- QVC now carries countless cult-favorite prestige brands of beauty products. Cheap Chicas of all ages need to get in on potentially getting their favorite makeup at lower prices. Bonus: You get to enjoy the on-air presence of RHOBH housewife Lisa Rinna whenever she stops by to sell her collection.
So how do you learn to shop The Q?
1) Choose your products. Browse amongst all of the brands available on QVC.com. Look for your favorites and see if they offer them discounted or as part of value packages. Here are some of our favorite beauty steals to snatch up at QVC:
OUAI Texturizing Hairspray Duo– Our favorite dry shampoo/texturizer/ hair magic is offered at The Q as a set of two full-size cans for $39.98. Normally I pay $26 for one, meaning $52 for two. Stock me up.
Tarte Rainforest of The Sea Twinkle Light Palette & Brush– This gorgeous highlighting glow palette is $42 via Tarte’s website, yet through QVC it is $39.96 and you get a fan brush for free- Tarte’s fan brush has a $30 list price at Sephora. Are you as hooked as I am yet?
Julep It’s Whipped Matte Lip Mousse Trio– Matte lip fans, this one’s for you. Julep’s creamy formula is usually $20 a tube. My favorite pinky mauve lip, Pillow Talk, may actually be even better than former One Direction member/Hadid boyfriend Zayn Malik’s hit single of the same name. Scoring a trio of 3 best-selling colors for $29.98, instead of just 1 for $20 or 3 for $60, feels like a no brainer.
2) Judge shipping and handling. QVC usually has a $3.00 S&H fee, although sometimes they waive it for certain specials. Be sure to factor that cost into the price of a product to see whether or not it is still actually best value for you.
3) Check whether not you chose the auto-delivery option. QVC offers the option to sign up to have a product automatically delivered each month as a refill, charging your card each time. If you only want the product once, just double check that you didn’t click the auto-delivery item option by accident.
4) Order online with Ebates. If you order online while using our favorite Ebates button, you get an additional percent Cash-back rebate. Some days, Ebates even doubles or triples that percent. We’re all about those discounts.
5) Use the money that you saved to buy even more makeup. Rinse, repeat.
- TODAY SHOW: REDBOOK MAGAZINE’S REAL WOMEN STYLE AWARDS
- TODAY SHOW: LUXE FOR LESS – MIXING PRINTS
- TODAY SHOW: LUXE FOR LESS – JUMPSUITS
- TODAY SHOW: FLYING WITH THE US AIR FORCE THUNDERBIRDS
- TODAY SHOW: LUXE FOR LESS – POP OF COLOR
- TODAY SHOW: LUXE FOR LESS – WATER FUN
- TODAY SHOW: COLOURPOP
- TODAY SHOW: LUXE FOR LESS – SHADES OF YELLOW